Happy New Year! With 2022 officially underway, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all that the past year has brought us. From our successful Kickstarter campaign to being recognized, winning awards, and actually making pants, let’s look back on the incredible year we - the Alpine Parrot community - had in 2021!
In no particular order:
- Launched and successfully met our Kickstarter campaign goal.
- Lots of great press, ranging from Backpacker, Business Insider, Gear Junkie, and more!
- SO MANY podcast interviews, like this one with Outside.
- Incredibly honored to have Alpine Parrot Founder and CEO, Raquel, named an Outsider of the Year.
- Ponderosa Pants recognized one of the top 100 innovations of the year by Popular Science Magazine.
- Launched, created, and shipped the first round of Ponderosa Pants.
- Shipped the first Honduras-made round of Ponderosa Pants just before Christmas 2021.
- Launched our This Is My Happy Place campaign.
- Partnered with some incredible brands to do giveaways.
- Grew the Alpine Parrot team - many of you have talked to either ej via email or Madeline on social media!
- Began prototypes for our next several products.
- Ended 2020 with just over 700 followers on Instagram; we’re now at almost 4000! We’re also on TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest - if you’re not following us yet, why not? 😛
- Went to our first tradeshow, and talked to lots of retailers who are just as excited about Alpine Parrot as you are 🎉
That list may seem long, but it only scratches the surface of all we've been up to. What are new years for if not partially to reflect on, learn from, and celebrate the 365 days prior? We are so grateful to everyone who has gotten us to where we are today: our incredible friends, team members, community, pant-wearers, and more. It might not always be a clear, straight path, but we can't wait to see what 2022 (and 2023, and 2024...) have in store.