17 August 2021 - Please note: we have received so many applications for this position (thank you!) that we will no longer be collecting applications at this time.
It's time for our Alpine Parrot team to grow and we're hiring a part-time Social Media Manager. If you know the perfect candidate, be it you or a friend, we'd like to hear from you.
About Alpine Parrot:
Alpine Parrot’s mission is to create outdoor apparel that celebrates and encourages underrepresented people in the outdoors, mainly people of size and people of color. Our first product, the Ponderosa Pants, are technical hiking pants made for women’s sizes 14-24. We are a data-driven company that loves to have fun and make friends. Founded in 2019, this apparel brand is new to the scene and looking to spread its wings! 🙌🏽
About the job:
Alpine Parrot is looking for a Social Media Manager! This person will ideally love building social media campaigns and developing content. To begin, the work will require somewhere between 5-10 hours/week of effort, and pay is $25-35/hr, depending on location and experience (Denver metro area preferred, though remote is 100% okay for the right candidate). While the role will be starting out as a contractor position, it will ideally turn into a full-time role with more responsibilities down the road.
- Work with the Alpine Parrot leadership team to develop a strategy for Alpine Parrot across all social media platforms - we are currently on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Create, edit, and post content and copy across all channels via our blog and using Later.com.
- Engage with influencers and the community to create user generated content and build brand awareness.
- Use brand voice to engage with followers or customers online.
- 2 or more years of social media experience.
- Solid understanding of the various social media platforms and their respective best practices and emerging trends.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with a small team.
- Experience in the outdoor industry and with the plus size community a plus.
How to Apply:
We have received so many applications for this position (thank you!) that we will no longer be collecting applications at this time.
Alpine Parrot celebrates diversity - we encourage all qualified applicants to apply, regardless of their background. (And if you’re not sure you’re qualified, but are excited about the role, apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you. 💖)