**July 19, 2022: at this time we are no longer accepting applications for this role**
Alpine Parrot is hiring a Social Media and Marketing Coordinator! If you’re looking to be a part of a small but impactful team, learn a little bit of everything, and help grow a blossoming company that's working to make a difference in the outdoors, this might be the role you’re looking for.
About Alpine Parrot:
Founded in 2019, Alpine Parrot’s mission is to create outdoor apparel that celebrates and encourages underrepresented people in the outdoors, specifically people of size and people of color. We are a data-driven company that loves to have fun and make friends. Our first product, the Ponderosa Pants, are technical hiking pants made for women’s sizes 14-24, soon up to 30.
About the role:
The Social Media and Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Marketing, working to bring the Alpine Parrot brand and products to life through a myriad of digital and traditional marketing channels. This person will work on a small but dedicated team, wearing many hats and learning the breadth of the marketing world. The ideal candidate has strong writing skills, an attention to detail, is extremely organized, and is excited to learn the many aspects of marketing. To begin, the work will require approximately 10 hours/week of effort, and pay is $20/hr. While the role will be starting out as a part time contractor position, it will ideally turn into a full-time role with more responsibilities down the road.
- Work directly with the Director of Marketing to support daily, weekly, and long-term marketing projects.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop a strategy for Alpine Parrot across all social media platforms - we are currently on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and TikTok.
- Assist in the execution of a social media plan.
- Help maintain brand standards for all materials – including print, digital, and partner assets.
- Engage with influencers and the community to create user-generated content and build brand awareness.
- Develop content for and execute the Alpine Parrot blog.
- 2 or more years of professional social media experience.
- Solid understanding of the various social media platforms and their respective best practices and emerging trends.
- Strong writing ability.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with a small team.
- Experience in the outdoor industry, with the plus size community, and communities of color is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of design programs (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
Alpine Parrot celebrates diversity - we encourage all qualified applicants to apply, regardless of their background. (And if you’re not sure you’re qualified, but are excited about the role, apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you. 💖)